Rafael Viego III, Esq.
ATTORNEY AT LAW PARTNER
Mr. Viego focuses his practice on commercial and residential property insurance claims, personal/catastrophic injuries, wrongful death, defamation/entertainment law, commercial litigation, medical malpractice, PIP, Americans with Disabilities, Age Discrimination in Employment, and Civil Rights. His practice also includes products liability actions against large corporations including major automotive manufacturers. In addition, Mr. Viego’s practice has required him to be admitted to multiple Federal Districts Courts in Florida, Texas, and Colorado and Pro Hoc into other Federal Courts such as Arkansas, Minnesota, and Pennsylvania.
Mr. Viego’s experience, success, and ability to effectively communicate both in English and Spanish has allowed him to be a frequent guest on CNN Español. At CNN Español, Mr. Viego provides balanced, non-partisan, legal commentary on important domestic and international current events. Prior to joining THE HERNANDEZ LEGAL GROUP, Mr. Viego worked in both a defense and nationally recognized plaintiff’s firm where he proved himself to be an invaluable asset in numerous trials involving multiple issues ranging from residential insurance claim, catastrophic injury/crash worthiness, complex products liability, employment (FLSA), and wrongful death. His communication skills and legal experience have given him a broad range of knowledge and ability to serve as an excellent advocate for his clients. During that period of time, he had a number of successful outcomes as a trial attorney.
Mr. Viego earned his Juris Doctorate from St. Thomas University School of Law where he graduated with honors (J.D. 2008).
Bar and Court Admissions
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- Personal Injury
- Property Insurance Claims
- Wrongful Death
- First-Party Property Insurance Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Civil Rights
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Age Discrimination
- Labor and Employment
- Covid-19 Business Interruption Claims
- Products Liability
Professional & Community Involvement
- Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (FAPIA)
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Habitat for Humanity—Volunteer
- Sisters of Charity—Volunteer
- CNN Español
- Spanish, bilingual